Skip to main content

How Important Is Cheesy Goodness?



Day 11

That’s it? Day 11? WTF? I haven’t been doing this long enough to get my rhythm right much less be sick of it. But here I am sick of it already. Sick of the weighing AND the measuring. Sick of peeing constantly. Sick of my dry hands and cuticles because of all the hand washing, you know, because of the peeing. I do not want a salad with grilled chicken for lunch. I want a grilled cheese sandwich from the amazing Gorilla Cheese food truck. I work at a University and there are food trucks ALL OVER, each one better than the next. This week has not been so good, no binges, but just not as careful as I should be. Just not as careful as I have been. I’ve hardly had any water. The thing is we haven’t been doing this very long. Just about 3 weeks. I haven’t weighed myself this week, but there was a brownie incident on Monday. I ate one.  The thing that kills me is that, after 2 bites, I didn’t want it anymore. So why then, did I shovel it down? I can’t help but feel like if I knew why food was my drug then I would be able to conquer it.  Right now I just feel like my grasp on the control that I do have is tenuous at best. 

I know this for fact. While I am sick and tired of weighing and measuring and thinking about what I am going to eat. I am way more sick and tired of feeling and looking like this. I do not want to be one of those people who are willing to “forgive” themselves for (time and time again) not following their plan. Listen, sometimes when Al gets on them, I cringe a little bit and think, ‘Yeesh, he’s mean’. While I don’t feel to call people out, he totally has a point. What the fuck have you been doing for 2, 3, 6 years now? Frankly, the hell with them, what the fuck have I been doing? Answer: Nothing good. I’ve been giving up, or “forgiving” myself. I have been ‘deciding to love myself’ into an early grave.  I’ve been telling myself that it is ok if I eat this fried chicken or that ice cream. It is decidedly NOT ok.  It’s not ok that I am this heavy. It’s not ok that I take blood pressure medication. It’s not ok that the men who do look at me are chubby chasers. It is not ok that I have to shop in the “woman’s” department. I’m going to this conference next week and feel like I would like a few new things. It would be great to pop over to any of the many stores that are around here, but I can’t. There is no fat girl store in the fashionable West Village. 

I was thinking this morning about what it would be like to not be an obese person. What would it be like to just be normal? How it would feel to not need a seat extender. How it would feel to not be self conscious at the beach or pool. How it would feel to be labeled as lazy or slovenly. How would it feel to just eat what I need and keep it moving after that?

Last week, there was talk in the news about a new study which says that women who are overweight have an increased risk of not only, returning breast cancer but also death. So let me see… if you are fatty you have to grapple with diabetes, heart disease and increased likelihood of cancer and death. Awesome.  Oh and let us not forget the social stigma of being overweight. People stare at you and judge you. They do.  I’m tired of hating myself and feeling bad about what I look like. What I look like does not represent what I would like the world to see when they look at me. More importantly I would like to look at myself and feel really good about the reflection. I want my outside to match my inside. I know there is a more exciting, vibrant, energetic person in here somewhere.  

*Lightblub/duh stupid moment* The chance to feel good about me is worth more than the temporary buttery, cheesy, crispiness of a grilled cheese sandwich.   I know that I know this. I just need to implement it on a regular basis. 

Answer: Cheesy goodness ain't so important. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guess who's back, back again? April's back, tell a friend.

Guess who's back, back again. Shady's back, tell a friend. Guess who's back, guess who's back, Guess who's back. Guess who's back? -Emenim   I know. MIA for 5 months. Where have I been? I’ve been here and there. Lurking. Watching.   Not a whole lot to say. When you don’t have anything worth listening to, in my opinion, you should say nothing.   Clearly not everyone feels that way, based on what I’ve been reading.  Weight Loss:    Laughable really.   A part of the reason why I have opted to say nothing is because I’ve been reading other blogs.   I have felt… dumbfounded   that people who have been struggling with weight loss for years and are disappointed in themselves, don’t   seem to want to DO anything about it.   What is worse, I think, are the followers who are co-signing this behavior.   While I am all for forgiving ones self, there is way too much talk of “forgiveness”.     Listen, I know all about failed weight loss attempts.   I have

Day 7 and April's a Fool

Day 7 One of the many things that I am going to work on this year is duh, my weight.  While it was tempting, I opted out of Al ’s plan.  Not sure why exactly, I just did.  I enjoy Alan a lot. There’s a lot of charm in his alleged gruffness. Oh, it’s alleged. I don’t think he’s mean. I think he’s fed up with excuses, his own and everyone else’s.  He’s lost a ton of weight—he’s doing something right. Haters will hate and really should fuck off. I toyed with joining WW…AGAIN.  I haven’t yet…I still might.  Something about joining a plan that I have joined at least 10 times in the past, just seemed so cliché to me.  I also am feeling like I don’t want to pay for the plan. I am in a financial cliff of my own lately, and don’t feel like shelling out $40 bucks a month for a plan that I already know works, because I’ve lost and gained about 100lbs following it.   So what have I been doing these past 7 days?   I have been not just watching what I eat, but actually eating with a

Day 2

I wonder what it is about being on a diet that makes you crave things you haven’t eaten in while.   Yesterday I thought about cake, a lot. Mind you I am not a cake eater per se, but there I was thinking about cake. Oh the brain of a compulsive food addict is something to behold.  My day yesterday was pretty good. I stayed on the plan, ate what I was supposed to etc…until last night at around 9 pm I had a spoonful of peanut butter. FUCK!   It’s the weirdest thing. I don’t have any “bad” foods at home. I got rid of everything. But last night, I found myself wandering around the kitchen, opening the freezer, fridge and cabinets just looking for something to nosh on.   I don’t think I was hungry I was…I don’t know…something. But I had the peanut butter. I’m annoyed at myself but I’m back at it today. I’ve had my cheerios , blueberries and milk. My lunch—salad with 3oz of tuna is ready for me. Dinner will be salmon, left over quinoa (I swear that stuff explodes) from last night, a